Tuesday, May 27, 2008

FRICKIN ACTIVISION

Back in January, my friend told me about how the Wii version of Guitar Hero 3 was advertised by Activision as having stereo sound was released with a mono version instead. After receiving a threat of a class action lawsuit, Activision caved in and offered a rebate program for anyone to send in their GH3 cd and exchange it for a remastered stereo version.

Ok, so for most people they received their nice new game in the mail about a month later. But for me it's been an endless drama.

I initially filled out the form to get an envelope to send in my cd around the end of february (feb 22, 2008). I got a confirmation from Activision that they sent me the envelope on March 4, 2008. They received it on 3/21/08 and I got a confirmation saying that they sent it out on 3/25/08. So I started eagerly anticipating the arrival of my newly minted disc.

After waiting a month I gave up and called customer service. They sent it to the wrong address. So after I talked to the rep, he told me that he would send it again. After waiting another month I called again and they told me that they just updated my last ticket and didn't resend me the disc! This rep said that she resubmitted my order and I should receive my disc shortly. That's 3 months that I've been prevented from playing my Guitar Hero! I was just starting to get the groove too! This is just frickin ridiculous! I was robbed of countless hours of mindless button pushing on my wii. I want those hours back. I WANT to play!

Let's start a movement for all the people who've had a similar problem. Heck I may even make a youtube video. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: